Thank you for visiting us through one of our online services (such as our website, mobile app or other means). Your privacy is important to us and we have revised our Notice to reflect recent developments in the law. We want to assure that you are aware of and understand our practices on how we gather, collect, use and share information that relates to you and could identify you and be considered your “Personal Information.” This Notice relates to Personal Information we obtain because you communicate with us through our website, via email or through other electronic means. By using our Site you are agreeing to accept the terms of our Privacy Notice. Should you have any questions about this Notice please direct them to Francine Friedman Griesing, Managing Member of the Firm at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Mazzeo, Chief Operating Officer of the Firm at email@example.com.
I. Information We Collect
When you access our site to communicate with us, we may collect information from you. This may occur in various ways, including using our Site, retaining us to provide legal services, contacting us to request information, or communicating with us relating to a member of our team or one of our clients or an organization of which we are a member. Specifically, we collect Personal Information that you submit to us through the Site, including information you share when you opt to “Contact Us” via the Site or you sign up or agree to receive our newsletters, blogs or other communications. Our system may also collect certain information automatically, such as your IP address or information about how you use our Site. The information we collect or process can be in many forms such as the following, although this is not an all-inclusive list:
- Identifying information, such as name, preferred form of address, employer, and job title
- Contact information, such as postal and email addresses, and phone and fax number(s)
- Financial information, such as bank information needed to process payments
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or in relation to electronic communications we send to you
- Information you provide to us in connection with meetings and events we organize, including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information we collect as part of our client acceptance procedures (which may be provided by third parties)
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing legal services to clients
How we collect Personal Information:
- We collect information as part of our business acceptance procedures. This information may be provided by you or by third parties.
- We collect information as necessary in the course of providing legal services.
- We collect information from monitoring use of our website.
- We collect information from monitoring email communications we send and receive.
- We receive personal information provided to us directly, for example when you speak on the telephone with any of our personnel or you register to receive communications from us.
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources. For example, we may use publically available sources to allow us to maintain the accuracy of information relating to you or our representation.
- We collect information as part of our due diligence procedures when entering into contracts with outside goods or services providers.
A. Sensitive Information
Please do not transmit sensitive Personal Information to us through the Site. If you send us information that we would consider, in our sole discretion, to be sensitive information, we reserve the right to delete that information from our system. If you believe you have provided us with such information by mistake, please contact us and we will make a good faith effort to delete the information from our system.
This site is not intended to be used or accessed by anyone under age 18 and we do not intentionally collect, retain or share information from anyone under age 18. If you send us information that we would consider, in our sole discretion, to be sensitive information, we reserve the right to delete that information from our system. If you believe you have provided us with such information by mistake, please contact us and we will make a good faith effort to delete the information from our system.
II. How We Use Information We Collect and/or Is Provided to Us
We use the information that we collect in a number of ways, including:
- To provide information you request
- To process your requests to attend events which we are hosing
- To provide legal services to our clients
- To manage our relationships with our clients and providers
- To keep you informed of changes in our policies and procedures
- To market our services, which we may do in several ways, including sending publications and notice of events. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- To fulfil our legal and compliance obligations
- To establish, exercise or defense legal claims or proceedings
- To recruit personnel
- To manage this website
III. Disclosure of Information and Compliance with Laws/Security
Our Firm currently has offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Brooklyn, New York; and Cincinnati, Ohio. We do not have offices elsewhere or outside the United States. Personal information that we collect may be shared between and among our offices and in our network, including offices we may open in the future. We may also share your information with third parties for the purposed described in this Privacy Statement. We will not sell you information to anyone else for any purpose.
We may share your information with third parties as required to comply with applicable law and to third party providers who provide services to the Firm, such as hosting our website or supporting our IT system. In addition, we may need to share your information with others, such as local counsel or support services, who support us in representing clients such as photocopying and document review. We may share information with organizations that collaborate with us to host events and with our own professional advisors.
We do not usually work with clients or third parties outside the United States, but from time to time, we may need to share information with or receive information from a location outside the United States and specifically within the European Union. By sharing your Personal Information with us, you are consenting to the processing and transfer of your Personal Information in and to the United States and other countries. Please note that the laws of the United States and other countries relating to information protection may not be as rigorous or protective of your data as the laws in the country where you live.
IV. Data Security and Protection
Whenever you provide information over the internet, there is a risk that it will not be fully secure, but we will continue to take reasonable steps to protect the information collected by our Site from unauthorized use or access, as well as disclosure, modification, alteration, or destruction as required by applicable law. We employ industry standard software and hardware to secure our computer systems and implement industry accepted best practices to protect proprietary and client data, and other intellectual property from the risks posed by cyber criminals.
V. Data Retention
We will retain generally retain your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided to us or is otherwise required by applicable law or considered good business and legal practice.
VI. Your Data Rights and Options
If you are located outside the United States, you may have privacy rights that are broader than the rights provided under the laws of the United States, and particularly if you are in the European Union, you may be entitled to the protection afforded EU data subjects under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you are protected by the GDPR, we are required to provide you with certain information about the grounds on which we collect, process and use your sensitive Personal Information as defined under the law. We address that in Section _II__, above. In addition, you are entitled to request that we take steps regarding opt-out, access, correction, deletion, transfer, restriction and objection to use of your Personal Information. If you would like to make such a request, please direct it to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we may request additional information to evaluate your request so that we can assure we are complying with applicable law. In certain jurisdictions, you have the right to complain to a regulatory authority regarding our handling of your data and your request regarding our handling of your data. We urge you to contact us to handle your concerns and we will endeavor to do so within permissible law.
VII. Right to Modify Privacy Notice
The Firm reserves the right to revise or update this Privacy Notice at any time. If you use the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the current and any modified Privacy Notice as permitted by applicable law. We urge you to review this Privacy Notice before you provide us with any Personal Information to assure you are familiar with the current terms.