Hospitality, Sports & Entertainment
We represent retail, hospitality, sports and entertainment clients, including authors, event venues, filmmakers, foodservice providers, hotels, internet travel sites, management companies, meeting planners, musicians and restaurants, in all aspects of their legal needs. Our services range from defending clients in private litigation and government investigations to advising them on how to structure business transactions to avoid expensive disputes in the future. Because we have unique industry expertise, we do not have to waste client time getting up to speed. We know what is important to our clients because we know what it takes for them to succeed. By drawing upon that expertise, we are able to craft a legal strategic plan that suits each client’s individual needs. As part of our representation, we counsel clients on how to reduce the risk of litigation through carefully drafted agreements and, should a dispute arise, how to reduce their litigation costs through electronic discovery policies, risk management and alternate dispute resolution.
Our track record achieving successful results in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration and mediation, comes from combining top notch legal skills with a singular understanding of our client’s business. We have litigated disputes arising out of purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, vendor and customer contracts, and government enforcement actions. We have also negotiated and drafted purchase and sale agreements and management agreements. By appreciating the unique challenges hospitality, sports and entertainment businesses face, we are able to pursue our clients’ claims vigorously and defend them against private and public claims cost-effectively, as well as protect their interests in deals.
- Negotiated deal points on behalf of documentary filmmaker.
- Negotiated and drafted management and lease agreements for multisite urban meeting and entertainment center.
- Settled substantial tax dispute for major developer involving multimillion dollar portfolio of properties in vicinity of casino projects on Philadelphia waterfront.
- Represented musician in connection with brand management and contract negotiations.
- Advised internet travel site on array of commercial, online business, insurance, trademark and vendor issues.
- Represented gourmet food distributor in purchase of competing vendor.
- Defended major retailer in multiple cases arising out of online sales.