Government & Regulatory Affairs
Our attorneys have held significant legal positions in the public sector at both the local and federal level. As a result, we can structure transactions that meet the requirements of a variety of public sector programs that promote business expansion and community and economic development. We handle matters involving:
- Federal, state, and local legislation and regulatory requirements
- Federal, state, and local contracting, including public procurement, public-private partnerships, intergovernmental cooperation agreements, joint ventures and the development of equal opportunity plans
- Federal, state and local governmental subsidies and incentives
Doing Business in Philadelphia
Having served as the City’s lead litigation lawyer overseeing virtually all aspects of local regulation and enforcement, our founder understands Philadelphia’s concerns and has a unique ability to fashion solutions that are a “win-win” for the client and the City or to negotiate a resolution that keeps your business running smoothly.
We know our way around the City of Philadelphia and the various agencies that regulate your business here. Trying to figure out what you need to operate in the City or how to navigate your way through the maze of local regulation can be mind-numbing if you are not familiar with the process. We take the stress out of dealing with local authorities by advising you on the requirements to conduct your business in Philadelphia and we defend you if you are faced with violations or enforcement proceedings.
We have advised and defended clients in matters involving Philadelphia business taxation, real estate and transfer taxation, health and safety, and nuisance and cease operations proceedings.
If you are struggling to operate your business legally in Philadelphia, feel you have received a violation notice unfairly or want to appeal your tax obligations, we can advise you and resolve your problem cost-effectively and without undue delay.
- Successfully negotiated resolution of Philadelphia Business Privilege tax dispute on behalf of national company headquartered out of state, resulting in removal of all interest and penalties sought by the Department of Revenue.
- Negotiated with City of Philadelphia Department of Revenue for significant reduction of penalties owed by individual residing in Philadelphia who collected passive royalty income from her music recording career.
- Brought suburban company into compliance with Philadelphia Business Privilege tax obligations through Philadelphia’s Voluntary Disclosure Program.
- Effectively defended international car rental company in dispute over use of historically certified site and modifications to extensive airport parking.
- Successfully defended a management company in real estate transfer tax dispute, saving hotel chain millions of dollars in tax liability.
- Represented technology company on compliance with environmental regulations.
- Settled substantial tax dispute for developer involving multimillion dollar portfolio of properties in vicinity of casino projects on Philadelphia waterfront.
- Represented public company on public access in litigation and as to negotiations with bridge, railroad and street right of way issues.
Contact Us | P 215.618.3720 | F 215.814.9049
1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103
195 Montague Street, 14th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
11 Garfield Place Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact Us P 215.618.3720 F 215.814.9049
Philadelphia 1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1800 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
New York 195 Montague St, 14th Floor | Brooklyn, NY 11201
Cincinnati 11 Garfield Place | Cincinnati, OH 45202