Employment Lawyer in Philadelphia
Legal issues facing workplaces have become increasingly complex requiring counsel with deep knowledge, proven diplomacy skills and an ability to advocate persuasively in state, federal and administrative forums. We have the breadth of expertise in the issues employers have faced for generations and the up-to-date information on the new issues emerging in employment law. Our employment lawyers located in Philadelphia represent public and private companies in lawsuits alleging discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or retaliation. We represent employers in executive compensation and executive contract disputes including litigation related to commission payments, employment terms, bonuses, wrongful discharge and other related contract disputes.
Our team also represents employers enforcing non-compete covenants and protecting valuable trade secrets, such as customer lists and other proprietary information. We are also experienced handling the public relations challenges that often arise in sensitive matters. We also train and advise clients on a range of matters including best practices for hiring and firing, accommodations for disabled employees, social media risks, pitfalls working with independent contractors, and work-for-hire, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements.
Our employment lawyers employers in federal and state Court in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and handle administrative proceedings involving allegations of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual preference, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or retaliation, as well as allegations of wrongful termination/discharge. Our team has extensive experience handling all aspects of electronic discovery and overseeing the review and production of substantial documents. We represent employers in executive compensation and executive contract disputes including litigation related to commission payments, employment terms, bonuses, wrongful discharge and other related contract disputes. Finally, we represent employers in enforcing non-compete covenants and in protecting the employers’ trade secrets, such as client contacts and other proprietary information.
- Successfully defended multiple Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and officials and nonprofits in discrimination lawsuits.
- Won summary judgment in favor of Fortune 500 company in race, national origin and disability discrimination and retaliation case which was upheld by the Third Circuit.
- Achieved voluntary dismissal in favor of Fortune 500 company in gender and age discrimination and retaliation case without payment of damages.
- Obtained TRO and preliminary injunction in successful enforcement of a covenant not to compete and confidentiality agreement with widespread implications for over 500 employees.
- Obtained an emergency TRO to protect the trade secrets of a biotechnology company whose employee tried to take specific confidential formulas to a competitor and negotiated a speedy result that ultimately protected the trade secrets.
- Advised international manufacturing client on claims by former employee for severance payments avoiding litigation and saving client substantial portion of severance sought.
Confidential and Sensitive Investigations
On occasion, employers face a particularly high stakes, sensitive or confidential employment matter that requires a custom solution, ranging from an internal investigation to a full blown report and recommendation of remedial strategies. In these situations, they may need someone outside their organization or who is not their regular outside counsel to manage the situation with diplomacy and discretion. For these assignments, clients contact us directly, but often other employment lawyers refer valued clients to us for these important engagements knowing we will handle them with care.
- Conducted confidential investigation on behalf of Fortune 500 retailer and prepared report and recommendations in connection with alleged impropriety.
- Handled confidential review of extensive files of former CEO of large non-profit.
- Investigated discrimination claims against top university administrative official.
We also regularly provide training and advice to clients on a range of employment matters including, but not limited to, social media, independent contractors, work-for-hires, and non-compete/non-solicitation agreements.
- Provided training to multiple publicly held companies on employee email usage and BYOD (bring your own device) policies, attorney-client privilege, and employee use of social media.
- Counseled public and privately held companies on employment issues, drafting policies on employment and document retention compliance.
- Advised clients in multiple industries on compliance with equal employment opportunity laws on federal, state and local level.
- Advised clients on independent contractor v. employee classification and the risks associated with misclassification.
- Drafted numerous independent contractor and work-for-hire agreements that protect an organization’s valuable trade secrets and copyright ownership.
- Drafted multiple non-compete/non-solicitation agreements on behalf of a variety of organizations.
- Advised clients on compliance with municipal employment laws particularly relating to maternity leave, LGBT rights and potential employees with criminal records.
Contact Us | P 215.618.3720 | F 215.814.9049
1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103
195 Montague Street, 14th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
11 Garfield Place Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact Us P 215.618.3720 F 215.814.9049
Philadelphia 1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1800 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
New York 195 Montague St, 14th Floor | Brooklyn, NY 11201
Cincinnati 11 Garfield Place | Cincinnati, OH 45202