Corporate Transactions & Compliance
We provide innovative and cost-effective legal solutions for complex transactions. We provide legal advice on how to accomplish strategic objectives, avoid disputes, comply with applicable law, and reduce legal exposure. We counsel our clients in connection with a variety of corporate transactions including, but not limited to, negotiating, drafting and reviewing vendor/supplier agreements, technology contracts, licensing of intellectual property, professional service agreements, joint venture agreements, franchise agreements, employment agreements and web site terms and conditions and privacy policies. Our goal is to draft agreements that are clear, to counsel clients to minimize disputes, and to best position clients to achieve a favorable outcome, without incurring substantial expense should a problem arise.
- Served as legal counsel for the seller in a private placement auction of an $80 million dollar note, where underlying assets included 22 triple net leases in three different states.
- Counseled a national bank on debt restructuring strategy, including advice on exercising confession of judgment cross-default rights and cross-collateralization, and negotiating forbearance and loan extension agreements.
- Negotiated favorable terms of asset purchase and sale agreement and managed integration of assets acquired for regional food and beverage distribution company.
- Drafted vendor/supplier agreements and prepared non-solicitation and non-circumvention agreements protecting critical customer and vendor relationships for a chemical company.
- Negotiated advertiser and vendor contracts on behalf of a digital marketing company.
- Represented client in joint venture to create a highly lucrative entity with a public figure.
- Advised hospitality company to resolve potential disputes with two difference customers and negotiated revised contracts with customers to achieve a positive outcome for the client.
- Implemented systematic review, updating and modification of vendor and events contracts and management agreements for various companies in the technology, chemical, hospitality, media, and meeting planning industries.
With an eye toward improving day-to-day operations, and helping clients achieve long-term business goals, our expert compliance team partners with clients to proactively tackle complex legal questions. Our team brings a depth and variety of experience with our attorneys having served with federal, state and local agencies, as well as advised private sector clients. We focus on compliance in the following areas: employment, technology, education, healthcare, corporate, and investment management. We keep clients up to speed with existing laws as well as anticipated statutory and regulatory changes. In addition, we provide support with audits and investigations as well as training to our clients on federal, state, and local compliance issues.
- Counseled financial services institution and educational institutions on website accessibility issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Served as neutral fact-finder in internal investigations, audited and prepared new policies, and advised institutions of higher education of legal obligations under FERPA, ADA, Title IX, and the Clery Act.
- Counseled hospitality clients on Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines and federal and state employment laws in connection with social media use, including drafting social media policies, and advising on industry-specific risks with the use of social media for marketing and advertising.
- Counseled educational technology company on compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).