Alternative Dispute Resolution
Litigation should usually be the last resort for clients. Every organization and business person should understand the options to avoid litigation, reduce risk and control expense. When litigation can be avoided, we maximize your options to resolve conflicts through negotiation, arbitration or mediation without incurring unnecessary expense. Our team routinely serve as advocates in resolving disputes without lengthy and expensive lawsuits and we also serve as neutrals in arbitration and mediation.
We are comfortable in the courtroom when necessary, but for clients who prefer a less contentious option, we resolve sensitive, high stakes disputes by obtaining confidential resolutions that leave all parties’ professional reputations intact. By serving as dispute resolution professionals in arbitration, mediation, and negotiation, we have the unique perspective of assessing how parties perceive their rights and obligations. We are also experienced handling the public relations challenges that often arise in sensitive employment matters. Having represented employers and employees, we strive to resolve sensitive disputes with all parties’ professional reputations intact.
Our team also advises clients in contract negotiation and drafting of ADR provisions so that clients are best positioned to maximize their options in lieu of engaging in expensive and unpredictable litigation.
- Served as sole arbitrator in employment dispute between major public entity and former top executive.
- Served as neutral arbitrator in range of employment discrimination cases including class actions arising out of wage and hour disputes and in a whistleblower action brought by former employer against public company employer.
- Served as sole arbitrator is dispute between buyer and seller of $100 million hospitality assets.
- Served as court appointed neutral mediator in dispute between company and key employee over alleged ownership interest in business.
- Through mediation, negotiated successful resolution of employment dispute between religious institution and high-level employee.
- Negotiated separation agreement for the general counsel of a biotechnology firm.
- Negotiated confidential separation agreements for various law firm partners and shareholders.
- Advised business clients on ADR options and negotiating ADR provisions in wide range of contracts in various industries.
- Resolved a non-compete dispute with former high level executive on behalf of a large retailer.
Contact Us | P 215.618.3720 | F 215.814.9049
1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103
195 Montague Street, 14th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
11 Garfield Place Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact Us P 215.618.3720 F 215.814.9049
Philadelphia 1880 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1800 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
New York 195 Montague St, 14th Floor | Brooklyn, NY 11201
Cincinnati 11 Garfield Place | Cincinnati, OH 45202