Business Transactions & Counseling
At Griesing Law, we provide exceptional and cost-effective legal solutions to business problems. We provide legal advice on how to accomplish strategic objectives, avoid disputes, comply with applicable law, and reduce legal exposure. We counsel our clients in connection with a variety of commercial transactions including, but not limited to, negotiating, drafting and reviewing vendor/supplier agreements, technology contracts, licensing of intellectual property, professional service agreements, joint venture agreements, franchise agreements, employment agreements and web site terms and conditions and privacy policies. Our goal is to draft agreements that are clear, to counsel clients to minimize disputes, and to best position clients to achieve a favorable outcome, without incurring substantial expense should a problem arise.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Represented chemical companies drafting vendor/supplier agreements and preparing non-solicitation and non-circumvention agreements protecting critical customer and vendor relationships.
- Negotiated advertiser and vendor contracts on behalf of a digital marketing company.
- Prepared a form Software as a Service agreement for financial services company and negotiated the agreement with vendor.
- Represented university in a variety of technology transactions.
- Negotiated software license agreement on behalf of international nonprofit organization.
- Negotiated agreements to transfer strategic intellectual property on behalf of economic development organization.
- Represented client in joint venture to create a highly lucrative entity with a public figure.
- Advised hospitality client to resolve potential disputes with two difference customers and negotiated revised contracts with customers to achieve a positive outcome for the client.
- Negotiated favorable terms of asset purchase and sale agreement and managed integration of assets acquired for regional food and beverage distribution company.
- Implemented systematic review, updating and modification of vendor and events contracts and management agreements for various companies in the technology, chemical, hospitality, media, and meeting planning industries.
- Drafted a range of agreements to protect website design company including operating agreement, independent contractor agreements, client services agreements, and software license agreement.
- Prepared Software as a Service agreement for technology company that developed a new functionality that will be used by many Fortune 1000 companies.
- Negotiated and drafted multiple copyright, trademark, and software license agreements.